So, one thing about this whole Bin Laden thing that is really irritating me is people keep coming back with "hate doesn't kill hate" or "we shouldn't celebrate a death". However, I think that each person can celebrate his death anyway they'd like. We as a society handled it very well I think. People in the middle east and else where celebrate by burning flags and shooting their guns into the air. If you look at that do you think that we shamed ourselves by the way we celebrated this evil mans death. Someone mentioned a post on facebook a friend had made about how "kindness a light" is the way to defeat evil. Sure those things are great and it is great for everyone to forgive and be a better person. However, I do not think that is what defeats cruel men and what has defeated them in the past. I believe that the Jewish people during Nazi rule were kind to whom ever they passed and forgave the men who tortured them. Is this what defeated Hitler? I do not believe so. We are so lucky to be citizens of the United States because we can sit and discuss our feelings and beliefs, but I do not think we should sit and judge each other. Everyone handled this news in the way that best suite them.
I think that is a good enough rant. Everyone enjoy themselves!!
This entry was posted
on Tuesday, May 3, 2011
at 4:30 PM
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.
